About the vacancy & property
We currently have two vacancies in this extensive well-refurbished home. Each room available is in a two-bed apartment to share with one other within a block of six units. The property has its own kitchen, shared bathroom and laundry. Unit housemates are single gender (six males and two females).
There are six fully self-contained units within a complex with close access to community shops and other amenities.
All residents make the most of a large shared living and dining area, kitchen, bathrooms and laundry facilities. There is a spacious common area with lounge and dining table where the residents play together bingo or watch TV.
All customers receive 24/7 quality care and support and have access to a van on site for the staff to take the residents on outings.
Safety and security
• Office is security locked
• Each unit is locked with only residents and staff having access
• Overnight active assistance on site 24/7
• Ambulant only
• No mobility aids
About the community
Lidcombe is central to suburbs such as Auburn, Sydney Olympic Park & Homebush.
Enjoy the outdoors with Auburn botanical gardens and bicentennial park in proximity.
Multiple cafes and restaurants to choose from or catch a bargain at Homebush DFO.
- Close to shops and bus stops
- Public transport is easy with a five minutes walk to bus stops & Lidcombe train station
- This home is situated in a low traffic suburb with a short walk to the oval, 10-minute drive to bicentennial park & Auburn botanical gardens
- Doctor’s & pharmacy are within walking distance and Auburn Hospital is a quick 10-minute drive
- Complete your weekly shop at Lidcombe shopping centre, Costco and Lidcombe Hypermarket, which is only a five minutes drive
- Additional shops, clubs, gyms and restaurants within walking distance
- Parking: On the street for staff and/or visitors
About our helpful staff
All our New Horizons staff are a dedicated and passionate team who are committed to providing a high quality of care to our residents. The staff have created a sense of home within the premises and pride themselves on inclusion.
About our current residents
All our Lidcombe customers are encouraged to live independently and have the freedom to come and go from the property as desired.
The residents are great communicators, respectful and approachable with staff. They enjoy cooking, chatting, watching movies, fashion and makeup.
They like to make a bowl of popcorn and watch a movie in the common room
What we pride most is that we all treat others with respect, speak to people and not at people.
Good to know
- Not suitable for mobility aid use
- Self-contained units
- 24/7 OOA staff onsite
- On-street for staff and/or visitors
- Staff van on site